Thursday, August 09, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 35

161. No Angel ~ Dido (last listen: 3-6 months): I never really wanted to like Dido. When she came out I thought of her as just another Jewel, Joan Osborne, blah, blah, blah. But then I heard what Eminem did with her song "Thank You" (which actually isn't on this cd) and then I heard the song "Here With Me" in Love Actually and I came around. She doesn't do anything particularly earth shattering in terms of changing music but she's got a really great voice.

162. Ani DiFranco ~ Ani DiFranco (last listen: 0-3 months): What can I say about Ani? She's brilliant. She makes me think. And she makes me want to be a better person. She told the douchebags at the record labels to shove it and has made her own career. She started her own record label out of the back of her car. And now she's a successful musician. Even though this is her first cd, I've only had it since June. I haven't had too much a chance to listen to this disc as I've been A to Zing it for some time now.

163. Not So Soft ~ Ani DiFranco (last listen: 3-6 months): Favorite songs: Not So Soft, Itch, Gratitude, The Whole Night

164. Not A Pretty Girl ~ Ani DiFranco (last listen: 6 months - 1 year): This was the first Ani cd that I went out and bought. My pal Angie had been making me mix tapes and I was really digging what I heard. So, I told her some of my favorite songs on the tape and she suggested this cd. She wasn't wrong. This cd is probably my favorite of all my Ani cds. Favorite songs: Worthy, Not A Pretty Girl (video linked to someone who used Hermione clips from HP movies), Sorry I Am, Asking Too Much (which is easily in my top five fave of all Ani songs)

165. Dilate ~ Ani DiFranco (last listen: 6 months - 1 year): Favorite songs: Untouchable Face, Outta Me Onto You

166. Little Plastic Castle ~ Ani DiFranco (last listen: 0-3 months): I recently got to see Ani for free under the Arch. It was an awesome show. She played a lot of songs off this disc and I am glad as I really like this cd. Favorite songs: Little Plastic Castle, Fuel, Gravel, Two Little Girls, Independence Day

No comments: