Monday, August 27, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 44

206. Evita Soundtrack (last listen: 5+ years): I was really expecting to not like this soundtrack when I put it in the player. I was partially right. All the music only songs were pretty crappy but the songs with lyrics weren't bad. I forgot how much I liked Antonio Banderas' singing voice. Madonna's not so bad either.

207. Sebastopol ~ Jay Farrar (last listen: never): Well, here's what I found out. I like Jay Farrar. I mean, I knew who he was. Hometown boy done good via Wilco, Son Volt, etc. but I had never really gotten into them, and by extension Jay, before now. So here I am to say that Jay Farrar is pretty rad. I do love the Cahokia Mounds song on Terrior Blues. It is a very fitting song for that place.

208. Terroir Blues ~ Jay Farrar (last listen: never)

209. Stone, Steel, and Bright Lights ~ Jay Farrar (last listen: never)

210. The Dutchess ~ Fergie (last listen: 0-3 months): Were Carole Frick to read this entry, she might be a tad disappointed in me. She sort of ragged on Fergie when we went to dinner on Friday. Personally, I like this cd even though it wasn't at all what I thought it was going to be. It's a lot slower and less dancey than I would have liked. But it's not bad. I do love Fergalicious. I can't help it. And, much as I want to hate "Big Girls Don't Cry" she tats up the super hot Jess Mariano (aka Milo V.) in the video. So, apparently, the girl's got some taste.

Don't know how much posting will happen this week as it's the first week of classes here. I am starting Arabic again and it's the real deal this time since it's everyday. Plus, work has just been nutty lately, as it always is when school starts back up. So, hopefully you'll get some new content on Wednesday and maybe I will tell you how that morning's Arabic class went i.e. how many cute 18 year old boys are in my class. Heh.

No comments: