Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 43

199. Encore ~ Eminem (last listen: 6 months - 1 year): I found this disc to be somewhat disappointing. I sort of hoped that Eminem was past all of the farting/pooping noises and I'd hoped he head in a more political direction; upon reflection I should have realized that boys never get over the desire to making farting/pooping noises (Squater has taught me this lesson many times). Unfortch, aside from Mosh there really isn't anything political on this disc.

200. Funky Divas ~ En Vogue (last listen: 3-5 years): Featuring such gems as My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It), Free Your Mind, Giving Him Something He Can Feel, and Give It Up, Turn It Lose; this cd is basically an indicator of some of the music I loved as a sophomore/junior in high school. Of course, I was also listening to Pearl Jam, so, back off.

201. Runaway Love ~ En Vogue (last listen: 5+ years): I have no good explanation for this except that I was hanging out with a very toxic person and I was working at Little Caesar's Pizza.

202. The Memory of Trees ~ Enya (last listen: 5+ years): Kill Me.

203. Scorpion ~ Eve (last listen: 3-5 years): I basically bought this cd for the song "Let Me Blow Your Mind"

204. Amplified Heart ~ Everything But The Girl (last listen: 1-3 years): I first encountered EBTG via the "She's Having A Baby" Soundtrack. I don't remember when exactly I got this cd but I've had it for a good ten years at least. I don't listen to it as much as I probably should. It's one of those discs that I love but tend to forget about. The disc is mellow and beautiful. The song you all would probably know best is Missing. Plus, COWBELL!

Favorite sons: Troubled Mind, Missing, Walk the Same Line

205. Everwood Soundtrack (last listen: 0-3 months): I love this cd. Whenever I play this disc it just makes me feel happy and sad all at the same time. This disc contains covers of seventies music by current artists, one original song by Jump, Little Children and the theme music from the show. The song Cathedrals by Jump, Little Children gives me chills every time I hear it, that's how beautiful it is. Plus, I love the theme to Everwood; it's always listened to with a little bit of longing like maybe they didn't really cancel one of the best shows I've ever seen. Someday I will get over Everwood being canceled. I promise.

Favorite songs: Cathedrals, Summer Breeze, Father and Son, Love Song

No comments: