Thursday, August 30, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 45

211. Get Rich or Die Tryin ~ 50 Cent (last listen: 1-3 years): One of my favorite workout songs is In Da Club. When you run to that it just puts you in an awesome grove or it does for me anyway.

212. Power of the Dollar ~ 50 Cent (last listen: never)

213. Try Whistling This ~ Neil Finn (last listen: 1-3 years): Another thanks goes out to Bill for this introduction. Neil Finn, former lead singer of Crowded House and more recently guest star on Flight of the Conchords, is a super talented singer and songwriter. I really love the vibe of this cd and how mellow and meaningful it is.

214. Perpetual Motion ~ Bela Fleck (last listen: 1-3 years): This is another cd that got me through many hours of writing papers. I really think it's interesting to hear classical music on non-classical instruments, like the banjo that Bela uses. Also, I just realized this cd features Joshua Bell (who I never knew existed before reading The Princess Diaries).

215. Floetic ~ Floetry (last listen: 0-3 months): I really bought this cd because I heard the song Floetic on M2. The rest of the cd is a little too mellow for me personally. I guess I was hoping more of this songs would sound like Floetic. However, the cd is solid R&B music in the vein of Jill Scott.

No comments: