Friday, August 10, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 36

167. To the Teeth ~ Ani DiFranco (last listen: 6 months - 1 year): I love this cd but sometimes it makes me feel a little down. I mean "To the Teeth" is a great but sad (because it's true) song about our world. Then there's "Hello Birmingham" and really who doesn't love a haunting song about the killing of abortion doctors? Don't get me wrong, I love that Ani is out there saying all this stuff but it can sometimes be hard to listen to this disc. Thankfully she lightens the cd with gems like "Wish I May", "Freakshow", and "The Arrivals Gate."

168. Revelling/Reckoning ~ Ani DiFranco (last listen: never): Don't know why I've never listened to this double disc; I just know I haven't. It's pretty good but much more mellow than Ani typically gets.



It's a short day at work today cos B-Mart and Jester (aka Mrs. GMYH) are coming to visit me this weekend. We should be hitting The Arch and the AB Brewery tour. Plus, Ted Drewes!

No comments: