Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 42

197. The Marshall Mathers LP ~ Eminem (last listen: 0-3 months): I was a reluctant Eminem fan. I didn't want to like him. I remember sitting one night in Squater's Main St. apartment listening to his friend Marcy talk about how Eminem was a poet. I remember laughing at her. I remember thinking that Marcy was as dumb as I thought she was. It's easy to hear the words faggot, bitch, ho or to hear him talk about killing him wife and dismiss him as a hateful person. And I am not sure you would be wrong; I mean, on some level I think we are all hateful people. What pisses people off is that Eminem says what he thinks. He says all the scary horrible things that sometimes you think. What? Like there aren't times that you have wanted to kill someone you love. It doesn't mean you act on it; sometimes it means you write a song about it. I've been accused of not being a feminist because I like Eminem and that really makes me angry because isn't feminism all about choice? I mean, I don't tell my stay-at-home mom friends that they aren't feminists because they are even if they choose to stay at home and not work. But I am digressing here. As much as it pains me to say that Marcy isn't a complete retard, she was right. Eminem is a poet and he's a poet who tells you himself that you shouldn't take him so seriously. Which is why I think most of his hateful lyrics are really just a way to sell cds. This disc contains one of the most beautiful and terrible songs ever, Stan. I imagine that if you ever reach any real level of fame you get the crazies and the song Stan is a tribute and a warning to and about fame.

Favorite songs: Kill You, Stan, Who Knew, The Way I Am.

198. The Eminem Show ~ Eminem (last listen: 3-6 months): I love this cd. I love it from beginning to end, well except that song Sing for the Moment because I really have never cared for Aerosmith.

Favorite songs: White America (you really should watch this video), Square Dance, Business, Hailie's Song, Say What You Say, My Dad's Gone Crazy

So many meetings. So little time for music.

9 comments:

StL Fan said...

Yes, Marcy isn't a total idiot -- she gives fantastic blow jobs; a true skill!!! I've bequeathed on her an honorary PhD in Phallatio.

Jalehlabad said...

Why does this response not shock me? Oh right, because you are you. But I think that stupid people can probably give good head. I've never really done a scientific study on it, maybe you can.

StL Fan said...

Oh, indeed they can. Kelly, Marina, Mai, Yana, Laura, Crystal, Amanda, Maria, Jasmine, that girl that went down on me in the park when I was still in high school whose name I can't remember, my upstairs neighbor in Edwardsville with the great tits and ass whose name I can't remember, Britt (although she was more crazy than stupid, I guess), Masha (again, more crazy than stupid - but a little of both).....and there has to be twice that many that I'm forgetting. Fuck, man, I seem to be a retard magnet. But a magnet for retards who give great head.

StL Fan said...

Oh right, how could I forget that really dumb chick that went down on me at SWSEEL - fuck, I can't remember her name either. She was from Georgia, though. I do remember that. She was probably the dumbest of them all.

Jalehlabad said...

Wow. Thanks for listing all the chicks who gave you head. I am sure we all wanted to know that. Would you like to write their phone numbers down for us all too? Hee and hugs.

You are a retard magnet. Maybe if you learned to love the man in the mirror you would find a less retarded girl to settle down with. Might as well, might as well.

StL Fan said...

Oh, that's not all of them. I left out the not-stupid ones. The handfull. I would highly advise anyone to call them - I'm sure they would oblige, or at least most of them would after a few strong drinks. But it does cost money to access my little black book - pay up!

Bingo, Bango, Bongo, and ........

Jalehlabad said...

Ooh, ooh. Is the word you're looking for perhaps, IRVING?

Manchu fichu pei, you cunt.

And now I am starting to get concerned that all my other friends will find out our normal daily interaction.

StL Fan said...

Fucking bitches!!!!!!!!!!

Ah jabbity jee, ah jabbity joo, angels in heaven say our friend is a total fucking nutbag who ruined NYC, cost us money, dirtied all of my clean dishes looking for a compost pile in the middle of the fucking ghetto and then preceded to pine over prepubescent Hassidic chicks on the subway.

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!

Jalehlabad said...

What's sad is that this description of my trip to NYC is really not even touching on the truly crazy things that our friend, I'm inclined to say former friend at this point, did. For example, what normal person packs 7 suitcases for a 10 day trip to NYC?

The answer is no normal person.