Monday, August 13, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 37

169. So Much Shouting, So Much Laughter ~ Ani DiFranco (last listen: 1-3 years): This double live album is pretty awesome. I love her little rants about the media and Clear Channel.

170. Evolve ~ Ani DiFranco (last listen: 6 months - 1 year): I can pretty much get behind any cd that has a 10 minute song about how Bush sucks and has frakked up our country and large parts of the world.

171. Knuckle Down ~ Ani DiFranco (last listen: 0-3 months): I like this new release. It took me a while to get into it but I find that's a solid disc from Ani. It will be interesting to see what happens with her next cd and see if motherhood changes her music.

172. The Pimp & Da Gangster ~ Dirty (last listen: never): Krazy Karl ordered this cd for DiRRty but then didn't give it to him because DiRRty said mean things about Generalissimo Pat. You know how testy Krazy Karl can be. Really, this cd isn't that bad. It's not great but I've heard worse rap music on the radio.

173. Wide Open Spaces ~ Dixie Chicks (last listen: 1-3 years): Favorite songs: There's Your Trouble, You Were Mine

174. Fly ~ Dixie Chicks (last listen: 3-6 months): This is the cd that really got me into the Dixie Chicks. The first time I heard the song "Goodbye Earl" I was pretty much hooked. It's twisted and funny. Some people tried to make me feel bad for liking the Dixie Chicks but those people also own Creed cds. So, they really have no room to say shit about shit. Also, there isn't a song on this cd that I don't like. They're all gems.

No comments: