Friday, June 29, 2007

Fray

Beth suggested that we all should read Fray. So, I did.

Fray is a Joss Whedon comic book that tells the story of Meleka Fray, a slayer in the future. I thought the story was interesting. I liked how Meleka had parts of Buffy and Faith. It made her seem very realistic. I had a few issues with the storyline, mostly be it didn't seem to gel with the way that Buffy, the television series, ended. But then again, some of that might be addressed in the season eight comic.


In other news, I wore my Toaster shirt to work yesterday. Three different people came up to me and commented on how cool they thought it was. One of those people was a patron who was really geeked to see the shirt.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Post of a photo of you and the shirt! That would be fun to see.

Beth said...

FYI, I *think* Fray was written before Season 7 was over, so that may be the reason for the lack of jelling. Although, I also thought it kind of explained itself...if I recall, there were hordes of slayers and they killed or scared off most of the demons, and so people began to forget that there ever were demons, and the slayer line sort of fizzled out because they were no longer needed. But then the demons started reappearing, and so Fray was called.

But perhaps that is not what you had issue with.