Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Office (US edition)


So, after I watched The Office (UK) I decided it was time to watch the NBC version of The Office. I netflixed seasons one and two.

I really didn't expect to like the American version of The Office because often when we try to improve upon what the Brits have done first, we sort of fail miserably (can anyone say our situation in the Middle East?). However, since sitcoms and ruling nations aren't exactly similar I thought I would just dive right in. I was more than pleasantly surprised to find that I love The Office (US edition).

I was detailing all the reasons why Squater should start watching this show. He asked which version I liked better. When we talked I hadn't yet finished season two and I really couldn't decide between the two. But I think I may have a bit more love for the US edition of The Office. It's just so hard to choose.

I mean, how does one choose between Jim and Tim or Pam and Dawn or Michael and David or Dwight and Gareth? I don't think it can be done.

I will say this, I am very glad that The Office (US) has more episodes than The Office (UK) has even if they are following the sameish timeline at a slower pace.

Anyway, I have set the tivo to record whatever NBC will show of season three over the summer while I anxiously await the season three dvds.

2 comments:

Beth said...

So glad you're finally watching it!!! Yay! I can't pick a favorite--they're apples and oranges, really.

Jalehlabad said...

I agree. The humor is very similar and yet David Brent and Michael Scott are very different "funny man" bosses. I think I should just be able to take Jim and Tim home with me every night. Hee.