Friday, June 29, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 15

65. Behind the Gap ~ Black Eyed Peas (last listen: 1-3 years): BEP before Fergie, back when they made music with something of a message. Not that "My Humps" doesn't have a message. But, I think you know what I mean.

66. Black Eyed Peas ~ Bridging the Gap (last listen: 1-3 years): This cd is well written and sounds better than the first BEP disc. Also, the gents do a song with Wyclef.

67. Frank Black ~ Frank Black (last listen: 1-3 years): I obtained this disc from Squater thinking it might be like the Pixies. Boy, was I wrong. However, this disc grows on you with each listen.

68. Frank Black ~ Honeycomb (last listen: 0-3 months): This cd is what I would consider to have an "alt-country" vibe. Again, it seems like an odd choice for Frank Black but it seems to work for him.

No comments: