Thursday, June 28, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 14

59. Telegram ~ Bjork (last listen: 3-5 years): This cd is a remix of Post. Features an awesome remix of I Miss You.

60. Homogenic ~ Bjork (last listen: 0-3 months): To date, my favorite Bjork cd. Starts off with a bang and ends with the gorgeous All is Full of Love. But I think I like best the way she seamlessly links 5 Years to Immature to Alarm Call. Alarm call might be my favorite Bjork song thus far. I mean, what's not to love about a song with the lyrics I'm no fucking Buddhist/But this is enlightenment?

61. Selma Songs (aka Soundtrack to Dancer in the Dark) ~ Bjork (last listen: 1-3 years): I never really got into this cd probably because I found the movie to be so depressing. I remember watching it in my old E'ville pad with Deanna. She absolutely hated this movie and couldn't fathom how I was so enthralled and bawling my eyes out. Of course, Deanna's favorite band is Journey. I think that tells you all you need to know. Actually, the songs on this cd are pretty good. I love the little duet with Thom Yorke on I've Seen It All.

62. Vespertine ~ Bjork (last listen: 6 months - 1 year)

63. Medulla ~ Bjork (last listen: 6 months - 1 year): Bjork a capella. This cd always reminds me of how much I dislike Katie Couric. Back on that old blog of mine that is long gone, I do believe I ranted about how Bjork's Oceania was used as the song for the opening of the Olympics in '04. Anyway, I sat through the extremely long opening ceremony patiently waiting for Bjork to perform. I was pretty stoked. Then Katie frakkin' Couric decides to spend the whole time Bjork sings to lament what a poor dresser Bjork is. For Christ's sake. Sigh. Breathe. Anyway, this is definitely one of Bjork's more experimental cds, which is saying something. There is only one song where instruments used on the cd. And I swear, if I didn't know that, I never would have been able to tell.

64. Volta ~ Bjork (last listen: never): I just bought this cd last weekend and I so far it's pretty awesome. It's definitely got more of a hip hop vibe to it. However, it doesn't sound like hip hop at all. I am digging Earth Intruders and Declare Independence.

No comments: