Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A to Z cds: The low down

Today I am beginning my quest to emulate GMYH by listening to my entire cd collection. So, here are the rules I am going to follow.

These rules closely follow those of GMYH but I have made some modifications. I will be listening to (1) full albums; (2) CD singles and EPs; (3) soundtracks; (4) greatest hits CDs; and (5) compilation CDs (ones that I bought, not ones that I made).* I will not be including any mix cds made by myself or made by friends.

I reserve the right to occasionally forget cds at home thus causing infrequent happenings of imprecise alphabetical order. My cd collection is in the Jalehlabad version of alphabetical order meaning people with number names (like 50 cent) will not be found at the beginning under a number but rather under a letter (like the letter "F"). And sometimes I deal with people band names differently. For example Alison Krauss and Union Station are found in the K section while The Dave Matthews Band are found in the D section. Deal with it.

ETA: Once in "alphabetical order" cds will be played in order of release date. Yes, I am that anal in my cd organization.

I also make no apologies for my cd collection. I like to believe that we sometimes make fateful errors in judgement and that sometimes those errors apply to buying cds.



*Taken almost verbatim from GMYH to keep quality control.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Godspeed Jaleh. It's a noble task. And I also go in chronological order within the respective artists. It's the only thing that makes sense, dammit.

Jalehlabad said...

Thanks for the good wishes. I fell like it's a bit easy now but once it gets going I can see this being quite a monster.