Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 13

54. Dangerously in Love ~ Beyonce (last listen: 1-3 years): This cd haunts me. Why, you ask? Well, because even though I listened to the song Crazy in Love well over 100 times I failed to correctly identify it back in March. Part of me still thinks that's why the Biz Sinkers failed to make the cut even though I know there is no way to actually determine that. All that aside, I actually dig this cd. There are some pretty fun dancing songs here.

And now we enter the Bjork phase....

55. Gling-Glo ~ Bjork (last listen: 1-3 years): I came across this cd while in Bloomington when I, for a short time, was friends with a fellow Bjork lover. This cd is a Bjork side job while she was a member of The Sugarcubes. I like to think of it as Bjork does jazz.

56. Debut ~ Bjork (last listen: 6 months - 1 year): I love this cd. I honestly am not sure how many times I have listened to it. Favorite songs: Big Time Sensuality, There's More to Life Than This, Violently Happy. Big thanks goes out to my former, at age 19, crush Rick Hecke for introducing me to all things Bjork.

57. Post ~ Bjork (last listen: 1-3 years): I haven't listened to this disc in ages. I remember listening to this disc for the first time and just being in awe of Bjork's talent. Favorite songs: Army of Me, Hyper-Ballad, Enjoy

58. Cirkus ~ Bjork (last listen 1-3 years): This is a live cd from a Bjork concert in Sweden back in 1995. According to the sticker on the front, I bought this gem at Vintage Vinyl for $21.99.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jaleh, I'm so, so flattered! I was a crush?

Hugs & Kisses,
Ricko

How you doin' girl? Bone tells me nothing. Holla: rickhecke@gmail.com