Monday, July 30, 2007

Robot Chicken

So, once again, Netflix has given me access to a show I would previously never have watched. That gem of a show is Robot Chicken.

Conceived by the adorable Seth Green and some other guy named Matthew Senreich, Robot Chicken is claymation and stop motion animation of toys that satirizes pop culture. And it's brilliant.

For example, there's a little sketch where Skeletor, Mumm-Ra, Cobra Commander, and Lex Luthor are car-pooling and get stuck in traffic. What we learn is that Skeletor is one flatulent mother frakker. Also, Lex taunts two children in the car over and bitches about how he should have just teleported into work. The rest of the baddies complain about Lex's complaining. Well, then their "good guy" counterparts breeze past them in the faster lane and Lex loses it. He teleports but it backfires and he ends up in the car with two kids he was taunting. Hee.

Anyway, the episodes are only about 15 minutes long or so. They are just jam packed with funny goodness. The show even won an Emmy. These guys will mock anything I do believe. They do spoofs about Buffy, Voltron, Fidel Castro, Disney, etc.

So, check it out on Cartoon Network if you have a few minutes to spare. Season three is starting soon.


In other tv watching news, I am steadily making my way through MI:5 (Spooks) season two. Only one disc left before I get to season three. B-Mart, you really need to look into watching the dvds because the show is actually an hour long and when they put it on A&E or BBCA they end up cutting stuff out. Can't wait for the next disc because Tess comes back to wreak some havoc. Awesome.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hey! I guess I never made it clear--I saw the first epi on BBC America, but I do not have the patience to wait for each a new ep each week. So, I am already through the Seasons 1 & 2 DVDs. I got Season 3 last week but only had time to watch the first 4 eps before I had to return them (someone else had them on hold, grrr!), and now I'll just have to wait for them to come back to me again...

Also, word about Robot Chicken. It is frakking funny.

Anonymous said...

Allison says:
My dream job is to work on Robot Chicken. Ever since my classmates and I used Barbies to do a live-action rendition of Dante's Inferno, I have had a love of toys-as-stop-action. Plus it's so BIZARRE. I can't even think of a favorite, I love it all. And, Seth Green: If you're reading this, I'm all yours!!!