Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 26

Forgot to post this on Thursday. Ooops.

115. A Rush of Blood to the Head ~ Coldplay (last listen: 0-3 months):I'll admit when I first saw Coldplay on MTV, I really wasn't that impressed. In fact, it wasn't until after A Rush of Blood to the Head came out that I really started to pay attention. There is something about this cd that pulls me in. I'm not sure how many times I've listened to it but every time I listen to it I just get sucked into Chris Martin's emotions.

116. X & Y ~ Coldplay (6 months - 1 year)

117. This Fire ~ Paula Cole (last listen: 5+ years): I am sorry I ever bought this cd. God damn you, Lilith Fair. Whenever I hear that "I Don't Want to Wait" song I think of this scene in the movie Urban Legends starring Josh Jackson (such a hottie) wherein his character hears the song, mocks it, changes the channel on the radio and then is killed, if I remember correctly. Is it a little poke at Dawson's Creek? Yes, it is. Thank Jebus for all the mocking of Dawson and his five head, even though I have seen every episode of that show. What? I did love me some Pacey Witter. But that Dawson; he was insufferable.

118. Be ~ Common (last listen: 0-3 months): This cd is pretty solid. Some of the beats pop into my head on a regular basis. I like Common and I should own more of his stuff.

119. When I Was Cruel~ Elvis Costello (last listen: 3-5 years): I got this cd via my friend Rochelle Rochelle because I thought it was time I became an Elvis Costello fan. I mean, shouldn't everyone become an Elvis Costello fan? Although, I think it's safe to say, since I haven't listened to this disc in 3-5 years that I didn't become a huge fan either. However, this cd is much better than I remember it being.

120. August and Everything After ~ The Counting Crows (last listen: 3-5 years): If you were alive in 1993/94, I do believe it was mandatory to own this cd. There's a good reason for that as I happen to really like this cd. This cd reminds me of the summer before my freshman year of college. That was a crazy summer.

1 comment:

Beth said...

JALEH!!! Have you finished DH yet?????