Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 17

76. Thug World Order ~ Bone Thugs -N- Harmony (last listen: never): I don't remember buying this cd at all. But apparently I did. It's actually really frakkin' catchy. They have an interesting remix of Phil Collin's song Take me Home. It actually makes me kind of like Phil Collins.

77. Interiors ~ Brad (last listen: 6 months-1 year): This Brad cd was passed on to me from Squater. He really loves this cd but, as much as I have tried to really like this cd, I think it's just average.

78. Give It Up ~ Brian Jonestown Massacre (last listen: 0-3 months): I became interested in the Brian Jonestown Massacre after watching Dig! (which, btw, was used as inspiration for the Gilmore Girls episode, He's Slippin' Bread...Dig!), the documentary that followed the rise and fall of them and the Dandy Warhols. Anyway, this cd pretty much rocks. BJM is a sort of sixties revival band. And, you can hear it in their music. But that's a very good thing. On this cd alone you get some serious rock songs and some sitar. That makes for a good album in my eyes.

79. Bride and Prejudice Soundtrack ~ Various Artists (last listen: 6 months-1 year): Beth bought me this for my birthday, I am thinking last year? I don't exactly remember except that I was living in SoInd. Anyway, this cd is a mix of English, Hindi, and instrumental songs. I like the Ashanti song "My Lips Are Waiting" and I like the Punjabi wedding song. Of course, some of it is your typical musical/Bollywood music. So, if you aren't into that then you may not enjoy this cd.

No comments: