Friday, July 06, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 19

88. Live at the Apollo, 1962 ~ James Brown (last listen: 3-5 years):

89. Guit With It ~ Junior Brown (last listen: 6 months-1 year): I love Junior Brown. He's like old school country and yet, definitely a man of our time. This man is the master of what is called Guit-steel, which is a combo of a standard 6 string electric guitar and a steel guitar. Junior makes some really great country music that is witty and sarcastic but it can also be beautiful. Plus, this guy plays the guitar like nobody's business. I made Beth go see Junior Brown with me at the Bluebird back in 2005. I am pretty sure she enjoyed herself. Favorite songs: Highway Patrol, My Wife Thinks You're Dead (check out what his guitar looks like in this video), Party Lights

90. Long Walk Back ~ Junior Brown (last listen: 6 months-1 year): I bought this cd at All Ears in B'ton. It's pretty good but I love Guit With It more.

91. Time Out ~ The Dave Brubeck Quartet (last listen: 3-5 years): Another cd that got me through the Ruckh years.

No comments: