Monday, July 30, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 31

140. The Lillywhite Sessions ~ Dave Matthews Band (last listen: 3-5 years)

141. The Central Park Concert ~ Dave Matthews Band (last listen: never): Okay, even I think it is insane to have a song go on jam band style for almost 19 minutes.

142. Chocolate to the Bone ~ Guy Davis (last listen: 1-3 years): This cd is solid blues brought to us by Ozzie Davis' son.

143. Miles and Coltrane ~ Miles Davis and John Coltrane (last listen: 1-3 years): Another cd that got me through nights of writing papers in grad school. I love Miles (an StL native); Coltrane's not bad either.

144. Steamin' ~ The Miles Davis Quartet (last listen: 1-3 years): I love this cd. Another one that got me through grad school. But more importantly, Davis and the band tackle "Surrey with a Fringe on Top" from Oklahoma. Now, if I only know what happened to my Cookin' with the Miles Davis Quartet cd, well, I would be in business.

On a non-music related note, it looks like most of you will get over your guilty feelings of finding Dan Radcliffe a cutie now that he's legal. A new quiz is up.

No comments: